McCallie Summer Camps is offering former campers and their friends the opportunity to take part in some fun weekend activities this Fall and throughout the school year.
- Last Free Swim at the McCallie Lake – August 24th
- Sunday LAX School and Academy – Varsity Lacrosse Coach Ryne Linsley – Starting Sept. 23
- Sunday Basketball School – Varsity Basketball Coach David Conrady – Starting Oct. 28
- Holiday Tennis Clinics Dec. 19, 20, 21 and/or Jan. 2, 3, 4 Co-Ed, all ages
- Camp Out on the Football Field
- New Year’s Eve Lock-In Party
- Winter Pizza Party in the Gameroom
- Swim Lessons – Year round, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tennis Clinics – Year round Saturday Clinics, $120/month, $30/clinic, High School Clinic is $160/month, $40/clinic. Contact email@example.com to register.
Holiday Clinic & Weekend at McCallie Upcoming Events!
LACROSSE SCHOOL for Beginners – Sundays, 1:00-2:00 pm
9/23 and 9/30
10/14 and 10/21
Open to all boys ages 6 – 11. Equipment can be provided.
Participants can sign up for each two-week curriculum for $100 or can sign up for both two-week blocks at a discounted price of $150.
In Lacrosse School, we will focus on developing competency in ground ball play, shooting, dodging, and spacing that are necessary to build a foundation for success in lacrosse in the future.
LACROSSE ACADEMY – Sundays, 2:30-4:00 pm
9/23 and 9/30
10/14 and 10/21
11/4 and 11/11
12/9 and 12/16
Open to boys ages 9 – 14. Players will be divided based on skill level within each session.
Participants can sign up for each two-week curriculum for $100 or can sign up for all four two-week blocks at a discounted price of $350.
Goalies and face off guys will begin each session at 2:00 pm for no additional charge.
Each session we will focus on improving individual skills: shooting, dodging, shooting, footwork, shooting, defending, shooting, stick protection and more shooting! Sessions will include competitive scenarios as well as individualized instruction. We will build team concepts such as clearing and transition, 3v2 and 4v3 scarios, and the two-man game, and put them to the test in live, but controlled, small sided scrimmages in each session.
Director: McCallie Varsity Lacrosse Coach: Ryne Linsley
Location: McCallie Practice Lacrosse Field, corner of Anderson and Dodds Avenue
BASKETBALL SCHOOL for all boys, Rising Grades 2-7
Every Sunday, October 28 – December 2
Director: McCallie Varsity Basketball Coach: David Conrady
Location: 2nd floor of the SAC – Wood Floor
Learning is progressive, each week will be different and more advanced. If you cannot attend all 6 weeks you will still have fun and learn!
The School will focus on:
- Right and left handed layups — Not easy but a must when dealing with tryouts and competition.
- Speed layups — Layups in a game are MUCH faster than in practice, and that is why so many layups are missed in games.
- V Cuts — How to get open.
- Spacing — So it doesn’t look like a young kids’ soccer game with everyone around the ball.
- Passing and cutting — What to do and how to play.
- BEEF — Shooting with Balance, Elbow in, Eyes on target, Follow through in the basket.
- 3-man weave — Passing, moving and thinking and shooting layups all at one time.
- 1-on-1 Defense— Stay between your man and basket.
- Team Defense — Trying to stay between your man and basket.
- 3-on-3 passing and cutting — This is a great exercise as everyone is involved.
- 4-on4 passing and cutting — This is great as we start getting closer to 5-on-5, but with no one getting lost and everyone involved.
- Ball handling — Stationary and moving, changing speed and direction
HOLIDAY TENNIS CLINICS
Dec. 19, 20, 21 and Jan. 2, 3, 4
1/2 day 9-12 or 12:30-3 $60 per day
Full day 9-3 $100 per day
REGISTER on this page
NEW YEAR’S EVE LOCK-IN PARTY (TBA)
December 31 – January 1
McCallie’s New Year’s Eve Lock-In Party will be from 7 PM on Dec. 31, 2018 – 9 AM on Jan. 1, 2019
The lock-in is for boys, ages 7-12. This will be a great time of playing games, swimming, watching a movie, enjoying pizza and celebrating the New Year in McCallie style! Light breakfast will also be provided.
Campers will sleep in the McCallie wrestling room. Please bring: sleeping bag, pillow, a change of clothes, swim suit, towel, and non-scuffing shoes. Adult staff and counselors from McCallie Summer Camps will supervise this fun event.
Please sign up soon as space is limited.