McCallie Summer Camps is offering former campers and their friends the opportunity to take part in some fun weekend activities this Fall and throughout the school year.
- Last Free Swim at the McCallie Lake – August 24th
- Pizza Party in the Gameroom
- Camp Out on the Football Field
- Sports Clinics
- Sunday Basketball School
- Lacrosse Clinic
- Swim Lessons – Year round, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tennis Clinics – Year round, contact email@example.com
- New Year’s Eve Lock-In Party
Holiday Clinic & Weekend at McCallie Upcoming Events!
All McCallie Summer Camp campers and family members are invited to jump in the “Lake” one last time for 2018. Please bring your towel and bathing suit to the McCallie Lake on Friday, August 24 from 5PM to 6PM and enjoy the slides, tower, and friends. Pizza and drinks will be provided.
After “Free Swim” please stay and watch the McCallie Blue Tornado Football Team take on Madison Academy from Huntsville, AL. Kickoff is 7PM in Spears Stadium.
“Free Swim” is of course free, but football tickets are $10 per person and will be on sale at the Lake.
Be on the lookout for future weekend events and clinics for kids like… Football Stadium Camp Out, Holiday Camps, New Year’s Lock-In and Sports Clinics.
2018 Fall Tennis Clinics at McCallie – Saturdays
Starting August 18
We are offering Saturday Clinics with match play this fall. Clinics will begin Aug. 18 and run through Nov. 11
Saturday Clinics for all abilities 10:00-11:30 AM
The coaches will be Eric Voges, Meg Bandy, Reaves Robinette, and some of our summer Staff.
5-18 years old
Players will be divided by age and ability
Forty-five minutes of drilling followed by forty-five minutes of match play
The cost is $30 per clinic per player or $120 per month
Cc, cash or check, payable to Eric Voges
High School and tournament players Saturdays 10:00-12:00
Cost is $40 or $160 per month( must contact Coach Voges if
Please contact Coach Voges to sign up or with any questions.
NEW YEAR’S EVE LOCK-IN PARTY (TBA)
December 31 – January 1
McCallie’s New Year’s Eve Lock-In Party will be from 7 PM on Dec. 31, 2018 – 9 AM on Jan. 1, 2019
The lock-in is for boys, ages 7-12. This will be a great time of playing games, swimming, watching a movie, enjoying pizza and celebrating the New Year in McCallie style! Light breakfast will also be provided.
Campers will sleep in the McCallie wrestling room. Please bring: sleeping bag, pillow, a change of clothes, swim suit, towel, and non-scuffing shoes. Adult staff and counselors from McCallie Summer Camps will supervise this fun event.
The cost is $118 which covers all food and events. Please sign up soon as space is limited.
BASKETBALL SCHOOL for all boys, ages 6-12 (TBA)
Semester 2: Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28 & Feb. 4, 11, 18
Even if you didn’t attend the first semester of Basketball School, there is a spot for you in January!
Every Sunday on the McCallie Basketball Wood Floor from 3:30 – 5:30. (2nd floor of the SAC) Learning is progressive, each week will be different and more advanced. If you cannot attend all 7 weeks you will still have fun and learn!
$175 per Semester, you don’t have to attend Sem. 1 to attend Sem. 2
Director: McCallie Varsity Basketball Coach: John Shulman
(You don’t have to be a McCallie student to attend Basketball School)
The clinic will focus on:
- Right and left handed layups — Not easy but a must when dealing with tryouts and competition.
- Speed layups — Layups in a game are MUCH faster than in practice, and that is why so many layups are missed in games.
- V Cuts — How to get open.
- Spacing — So it doesn’t look like a young kids’ soccer game with everyone around the ball.
- Passing and cutting — What to do and how to play.
- BEEF — Shooting with Balance, Elbow in, Eyes on target, Follow through in the basket.
- 3-man weave — Passing, moving and thinking and shooting layups all at one time.
- 1-on-1 Defense— Stay between your man and basket.
- Team Defense — Trying to stay between your man and basket.
- 3-on-3 passing and cutting — This is a great exercise as everyone is involved.
- 4-on4 passing and cutting — This is great as we start getting closer to 5-on-5, but with no one getting lost and everyone involved.
- Ball handling — Stationary and moving, changing speed and direction