McCallie & GPS Rowing Camp
Once again this summer McCallie will be hosting our learn to row camp for rising 6-12 grade boys and girls. There is no experience necessary and campers will be instructed by McCallie head coach Sean McCourt and the McCallie rowing staff. Coach McCourt is a nationally recognized coach who has won and put boats on the medal stand at the US Rowing Youth National Championships, the Scholastic Nationals, and the Head of the Charles among other races. This fun camp is designed to teach the fundamentals of rowing, allow athletes to have a relaxed platform to learn and make friends, and to learn what being on a rowing team is all about. Please contact Sean McCourt at email@example.com
NEW THIS YEAR: USA ROWING BOARDING CAMP!
If you would like information about the boarding USA Rowing Camp at McCallie please contact head crew coach Sean McCourt. Coach McCourt’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
The dates of the boarding rowing camp are June 15 – July 7 and this program is for experienced rowers.
2019 Rowing Camp Sessions
Session 1: June 3 – 7
Session 2: June 10 – 14
Rising 6th – 12th grades, Boys and girls
Time: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Fee: $200 per session
Drop-Off and Pick-Up at the McCallie Sports and Activities Center. Students will be transported to the McCallie Boathouse which is located on the Riverwalk behind Scrappy Moore Field.
Camp sessions will include:
- Monday – Introduction to rowing, the equipment, basic technique, and safety
- Tuesday – Getting on the water, exploring fitness aspects of rowing
- Wednesday – Rowing on the water, refining on-the-water technique
- Thursday – Incorporation of some competitive aspects of rowing
- Friday – Camp competition and full race rehearsal
Optional After-Camp Activities
- After 12 PM Boys may add $185 for lunch and Day Camp (12-5:00 PM) for 2nd to 6th Graders OR Boys or Girls all grades may add $215 for lunch and Tennis Camp (12-4:00 PM)
- After 12 PM or 5:00 PM Late Fee applies, $25 per day