Introduction to the McCallie CLC Program
The McCallie Character Leadership Community program offers rising 8th and 9th grade boys an opportunity to live on the McCallie campus and be part of a select group of talented, intellectually curious peers who want to make the most of their abilities and learn to use those abilities to influence others in a positive way.
If you are selected to be part of the CLC program, you can expect to deal with issues that are important to our future. You will collaborate with leaders in fields that shape our environment and our communities. You will combine high-level classroom challenges with hands-on, real-world experiences.
For more information about the selection process, please complete our inquiry form or contact David Hughes at 423-493-5628 or email@example.com.
What if you could be part of a summer program that would challenge you to make the most of your gifts and talents — that would stretch your mind, engage your heart, and spark your imagination?
What if you could experience living in a residential community of highly talented, highly motivated young men?
And what if you could have this experience at no cost?
The CLC Application Process
The McCallie Character Leadership Community program is for boys who have exhibited academic excellence, extraordinary character and demonstrated leadership. Admission is selective and competitive.
To apply, you’ll need the following:
- A recent photo of the applicant
- A short video of the applicant – less than a minute, please – letting us know why he’s interested in CLC, what he’s most interested in or passionate about, and something he’s done lately that he’s especially proud of.
- Two teacher recommendations
- Copy of academic transcript from the two most recent academic years
- Standardized Testing information – Current results from one of the following: ACT, SAT, SSAT, ISEE, ERB-CTP, PSAT, or PLAN
When you click the link below, you’ll be taken to the application page, where you can provide the names and e-mail addresses of both your nominator and recommender. You will also be able to upload school transcripts and standardized test results.