The boarding/overnight version of McCallie Tennis Camp provides a week of tennis fun and learning for boys.
The camp is held at McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The facilities include air-conditioned dorm rooms, 14 indoor and outdoor tennis courts, a Sports & Activities Center (SAC), outdoor pool, and full dining facilities. The SAC contains an indoor pool, four basketball courts, a 200m indoor track, a racquetball court, table tennis, air hockey, a viewing room and game room. Campers will have use of these facilities during free time. All free-time activities will be well-supervised by our staff.
- The camp is designed so each participant will hit a lot of tennis balls.
- Technique, strategy, and conditioning will be covered.
- What each participant does will depend on his level. (No beginners)
- All sessions will be divided according to skill level and age.
2019 Tennis Boarding Camp Sessions
- 2019 Dates: Drop off on Sunday at 2:00 PM in the Tennis Center, Pick up is Thursday at 4:00 PM from the Tennis Center
- Dates: June 9-13 (Sunday – Thursday)
- Eligibility: Ages 11 – 15, boys only (No beginners)
- Fee: $595
- A $150 deposit is required to secure a place in the camp. There is a $50 non-refundable registration fee included in the deposit. Your method of payment will be charged on April 1.
- Early Bird Discount for Boarding Campers: $50 off camp fee if registered before April 1.
- Team Discounts Available!
What to Bring:
Sheets for Twin Bed Long, Blanket or Sleeping Bag
$20 for Ice Cream nights/drinks
About the Director
Eric Voges, Varsity Tennis Coach and Summer Camp Director.
Eric Voges has been at McCallie for 29 years as the varsity tennis coach and summer camp director. He is now the Director of Tennis Operations. He played collegiate tennis at the University of Tennessee. McCallie has produced many top ranked junior, collegiate, and pro players. Coach Voges has completed two High Performance USTA Coaching Programs, coached Intersectionals, Zonals, and Junior Davis Cup for the Southern and Tennessee Tennis Associations, served on the USTA National Youth and Competition Committee, and has chaired the Southern Tennis Association High Performance Committee. He has been chosen High School Coach of the Year by Southern Professional Tennis Association and has won the Chattanooga Area High School Coach of the Year numerous times.
McCallie Players have attended and played at fine colleges and universities such as Cornell, Dartmouth, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, Clemson, Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky, Southern California, North Carolina State, and many others. McCallie students are prepared for the rigors of college studies and collegiate tennis.
Congrats to Director of Tennis Operations Eric Voges ’81 on his induction into the Tennessee Tennis Hall of Fame. Voges is the third Blue Tornado coach to earn this honor, joining John Strang and G. Turner Howard ’65.
TSSAA State Team Champions: 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 1994, 1991, 1977, 1976.