The 2020 McCallie Soccer Camp packs plenty of soccer fun and learning into one week.
- The Director, Chris Cushenbery, and his assistant stay in the dorm and his staff is made up of current and former McCallie players as well as collegiate and semi-pro players from around the country.
- Time is structured and the boys are always supervised. McCallie Soccer Camp has boys from throughout the southeast.
- Soccer Camp aims to develop basic technical and tactical abilities which will enable the individual player to become more versatile. Various small-sided games allow players to learn and practice skills in the context of the game which makes learning fun and realistic.
- Players will be grouped by age and ability so that the individual player receives appropriate challenges.
|9:00 – 10:30||Individual Skills Training|
|10:30 – Noon||4 v. 4 Camp-wide Tournament|
|Noon – 1:15||Lunch, Video (Down Time)|
|1:15 – 3:45||Play 6 v. 6 by Age & Ability|
|4:00 – 5:00||Swim|
|5:00 – 6:00||Dinner, Game Room|
|6:00 – 8:00||Instruction by Coach Cush|
|8:00 – 9:30||Back to Dorm, Lights Out by 9:30|
Camp Director Chris Cushenbery:
- Place the team over individual
- Be relationally invested
- Seek excellence
- Choose to be positive
- Work hard
- Be mentally tough
- Be accountable to one another
- Seek to be men of character
2020 Soccer Boarding Camp
- 2020 Session Dates: July 5 – 9. (Sunday – Thursday)
- Drop off/Pick Up: Sunday is the first day of camp with registration from 1:00-2:00 p.m. for Boarding Campers at the Sports and Activities Center, pick up is after the Final Game on Thursday, time TBD – Parents are encouraged to attend. Boarding campers will pick up camper items from dorm rooms after the final game.
- Eligibility: Rising 5th – 9th graders, boys only
- Fee: $595
Early Bird discount: $50 off camp fee if registered before April 1.
$50 Discount for McCallie School Alumni, call our office for the code (423)493-5886.
- A $150 deposit is required to secure a place in the camp. There is a $50 non-refundable registration fee included in the deposit.
- Your method of payment will be charged on April 1st.
FINAL DAY SCHEDULE: On Thursday, we’ll have a small sided tournament that goes from 2:00 until 3:30.
Boys will have the option to go to the lake after that and swim if they’d like. Their dorm rooms will be cleaned/packed except for clothes they may want to change into if they wish to shower and get clean.
You are welcome to observe the instruction on any day. Please feel free to come out to meet the coaches and to help collect the player’s equipment.
Should you have questions or concerns prior to the first day of camp, please, do not hesitate to contact the McCallie Summer Programs office at 423-493-5886.